I’m proudly present my first Android releated work. :)
In december 2014, I got a GT-S7562 and I was not satisfied with its original Samsung firmware, because it was slow and has a lot of bloatware.
So I decided to make a working release of Cyanogenmod 11.
The GT-S7560M has a similar hardware except the dual-SIM RIL, so the kylessopen firmware (thanks to jonypx09) was a good initial source.
I reverse engineered the stock Java Radio Interface Layer, and based on that informations, I restructured the kylessopen’s sources.
Finally with my custom telephony-common, telephony-msim java layer, and with the stock rild, and libril*.so binaries, the GSM connection works.
Important: This is an initial release. If you found a bug, please send a feedback.
Non working functions:
- FM radio,
Bluetooth, Built-in browser (black screen bug, pmem), Video Encoding (I deleted libOmxVidEnc.so to prevent Viber to freeze the phone), Video Camera, Built-in Torch – use another app from the store (example Quick Torch)
- TWRP 2.7 Recovery (With CWM it not works!)
- If RIL not works, flash stock hungarian firmware, before you install the ROM.
- 1. Reboot to download mode and flash stock hun firmware with Odin.
- 2. Reboot to download mode and flash TWRP with Odin.
- 3. Reboot to recovery mode and install RC1 and update packages with TWRP (Uncheck zip file verification before install).
- To increase battery life until RC2 release, disable all bluetooth service (org.codeaurora.bluetooth, Bluetooth Share) with DisableService (Play Store).
- The “OneL+ Lollipop” theme with “IdeaL Theme Dark”‘s icons is beautiful.
- Few bugfixes
- Youtube 480p playing.
Download links and thread at: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/cm11-samsung-galaxy-s-duos-kitkat-4-4-4-t3024762